Baked Stuffed Avocados
If you’re looking for a simple, easy snack that won’t make you feel guilty, try these delicious Baked Stuffed Avocados. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip these up as a creative summer treat to go along with any backyard barbecue!
Servings: 8 | Prep Time: 20 | Cook Time: 10 minutes
Calories: 371 | Total Fat: 30g | Total Carbs: 21g | Protein: 8g
- 4 avocados
- 1 c. black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- ½ of a lemon, juiced
- ½ c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ c. Kalamata olives, or olives of choice, chopped
- 1 c. reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut avocados in half, pit and empty contents in bowl – reserve shell. Mash avocado lightly with 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
3. Add crushed garlic, olives, and lemon juice.
4. Mix in tomatoes and black beans, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place avocado shells on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
6. Line shells with a layer of ½ of the shredded cheese, then scoop mixture in to each shell and add remaining cheese to tops of each avocado.
7. Back for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Comments: The black beans can be swapped out for other protein sources such as chopped chicken or tofu.