There are only 339 Certified Breast Care Nurses (CBCN™). One of them is a nurse at Silver Cross Center for Women’s Health. Neda Zelehovitis, R.N., CBCN, OCN, recently passed the CBCN™ examination, which allows her to assist women with their care, including:
- Nursing care and assistance for patients, pre and post procedural
- Explanations of what will happen during the procedure and why the physician may have ordered it
- Obtaining physician orders for follow up testing
- Serving as a liaison between the patient’s primary physician and the radiologists
- Serving as a resource to the patient
Neda’s certification lets us offer our patients even more specialized and personalized care. Through her expertise, she will be able to assist our patients with the next steps in their care in the convenience of their own neighborhood.
If you would like to request an appointment at the Silver Cross Center for Women’s Health, you can get started simply by clicking here!