Roasted Butternut Squash
Looking to spice up your side dishes? Roasted butternut squash is great any time of the year! Check out this delicious recipe brought to you by Silver Cross Hospital Executive Chef Levi Ealding!
Servings: 10 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes Calories: 131 | Total Fat: 6g | Total Carbs: 22g | Protein: 1g
- 2 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ¼ c. olive oil, plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp. each: dried parsley, oregano, basil, paprika, and chili powder
- 1 c. sweetened dried cranberries
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a 9-by-13 casserole dish, spread olive oil on the bottom and arrange squash.
3. Season with salt, pepper, and spices.
4. Roast on the center rack for 45 minutes, adding more oil if needed throughout the cooking process.
5. Make sure to use a spatula to “work the squash,” so that it is evenly coated in oil and spices.
6. Remove from oven and stir in dried cranberries.
7. Serve warm as a side dish.
Recipe from Deliciously Healthy: Recipes from Around the Country By the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Foundation