Tangy Lemon Cod
What’s for dinner? How about this amazing Tangy Lemon Cod brought to you by Silver Cross Hospital Executive Chef Levi Ealding! It’s quick, light and tastes great!
Servings: 2 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 5g | Total Carbs: 10g | Protein: 41g
2 fresh cod fillets (or other flaky white fish)
1 fresh lemon
1 tbsp. minced herbs of choice (We used dill, parsley, and cilantro.)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a glass baking pan or cookie sheet that has sides with non-stick spray. Arrange cod pieces so they are side-by-side but not overlapping.
2. Finely chop herbs and place in small bowl.
3. Using a zester or fine grater, zest the lemon in with the herbs.
4. Add garlic, freshly ground pepper, and salt.
5. Stir until combined and spoon over top of fish.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the flesh flakes easily.